Impress your guests with these perfectly grilled pork satay skewers that are both easy and delicious. The secret to the flavor is in the marinade!
Pork Satay is a popular dish in Southeast Asia, consisting of skewered pork marinated in a blend of spices and grilled to perfection. It makes for a delicious appetizer or main course and is perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you can recreate the classic flavors of pork satay at home.
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander, paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Add the pork strips to the marinade, making sure each piece is coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Remove the pork from the marinade and thread the strips onto skewers, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and coconut milk over low heat. Stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Grill the skewers for about 10-12 minutes, flipping once, until the pork is cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve the pork satay skewers with peanut sauce on the side.
Tips and Tricks:
- If using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before threading the pork onto them. This will prevent the skewers from burning on the grill.
- If you don’t have a grill or grill pan, you can also cook the skewers on a stovetop grill or broil them in the oven.
- To make the peanut sauce thinner, add a splash of water or coconut milk.
- For a spicier satay, add more cayenne pepper to the marinade.
This pork satay recipe is easy to make and packed with flavor. The marinade adds a perfect balance of sweet, salty, and spicy to the juicy pork, while the peanut sauce
Leave a Reply