Craving some spicy and aromatic Thai cuisine? Try our green curry chicken recipe that’s made from scratch with fresh ingredients and plenty of flavors. Follow our guide to creating an authentic and restaurant-quality dish at home.
Green Curry Chicken is a classic Thai dish that combines tender chicken, veggies, and a spicy and creamy green curry sauce. It’s a perfect meal for those who love the exotic flavors of Thai cuisine. This recipe will show you how to make an authentic green curry chicken from scratch, with step-by-step instructions and pro tips.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 can (14 oz) coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bruised
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil leaves, chopped, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until browned and cooked through. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the green curry paste and stir-fry for another minute until the paste is fragrant and well combined with the onions and garlic.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, fish sauce, brown sugar, and lemongrass, and stir to combine. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce is thickened and fragrant.
- Add the sliced zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, and bell peppers, and stir to coat with the curry sauce. Simmer for another 5-7 minutes until the veggies are tender but still crisp.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and stir to coat with the curry sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is heated through.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with chopped basil leaves.
Tips and Tricks:
- Use good quality green curry paste for the best flavor. Look for brands that use natural ingredients and no preservatives or artificial flavors.
- If you can’t find lemongrass, you can substitute it with 1 tablespoon of grated lemon or lime zest for a similar flavor.
- Don’t overcook the chicken, or it will become tough and dry. Aim for a juicy and tender consistency.
- Customize the recipe to your liking by adding or substituting different vegetables, proteins, or spices. Some popular options include eggplant, green beans, carrots, tofu, or shrimp.
- If you like a milder curry, use less curry paste and reduce the amount of chili flakes.
- If you like a creamier curry, use full-fat coconut milk instead of lite coconut milk.
- Serve with steamed rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Green Curry Chicken is a classic Thai dish that’s loved for its bold and exotic flavors. With this recipe, you can easily make an authentic and flavorful green curry chicken at home using simple and fresh ingredients. Whether you’re a fan of spicy cuisine or just looking for a comforting and healthy dinner, this dish is sure to satisfy your taste buds. So, give it a try and impress your friends and family with your cooking skills!
Great styling in your images and some interesting recipes, thanks for sharing!
LikeLiked by 1 person