Impress your guests with our easy Profiteroles recipe. Learn how to make a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s sure to delight any foodie.
Profiteroles are a classic French pastry that’s made of choux pastry balls filled with whipped cream and drizzled with chocolate sauce. These delightful cream puffs are a crowd-pleasing dessert that’s perfect for any occasion, from elegant dinner parties to casual family gatherings. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make perfect Profiteroles that are sure to impress your guests.
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a smooth ball of dough.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until the dough is smooth and glossy.
- Drop spoonfuls of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving 1-2 inches between each spoonful.
- Bake the cream puffs in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until they are puffed up and golden brown.
- Remove the cream puffs from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Using a piping bag or a small spoon, fill the cream puffs with the whipped cream.
- In a small saucepan, heat the chocolate chips and milk over low heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the cream puffs and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
- Be sure to use room-temperature eggs to prevent the dough from becoming too runny or too stiff.
- When piping the whipped cream into the cream puffs, be careful not to overfill them, as this can cause the cream puffs to collapse.
- You can also fill the cream puffs with pastry cream or ice cream or use different toppings, such as caramel or fruit.
- If the chocolate sauce is too thick, you can add a little more milk to thin it out.
- Store the leftover Profiteroles in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Profiteroles are a delicious and elegant French dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Their light and fluffy choux pastry, creamy whipped filling, and rich chocolate sauce will surely delight your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just want to indulge in a delicious French treat, try this recipe and experience France’s flavors.
Leave a Reply