Try this delicious Russian apricot chicken bake recipe for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Introduction: Russian apricot chicken is a delicious baked dish that features tender boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a sweet and tangy glaze made from Russian-style salad dressing and apricot preserves. The dish is easy to prepare, making it a great option for busy weeknight dinners. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to create a mouth-watering chicken bake that’s sure to become a family favorite.
My all-time favorite meal is what my mom used to call “Russian Chicken,” and I still make it frequently. Although my mom used to bake the rice in with the chicken, I prefer it prepared a little differently. Apologies to mom, but this version is just a tad bit better.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 (1 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 fluid ounce) bottle Russian-style salad dressing
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry onion soup mix, Russian-style salad dressing, and apricot preserves.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour the mixture over the top, making sure to coat the chicken evenly.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the white rice according to the package instructions.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes to allow the glaze to caramelize.
- Serve the chicken and glaze over the cooked white rice.
Tips and Tricks:
- For a more intense flavor, marinate the chicken in the glaze for at least an hour before baking.
- Add some chopped vegetables, such as bell peppers or onions, to the baking dish for added flavor and nutrition.
- Use brown rice instead of white rice for a healthier option.
- Use peach or pineapple preserves instead of apricot preserves for a different flavor profile.
- Add some spices, such as garlic powder or paprika, to the onion soup mix for a more complex flavor.
- Use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for a juicier and more flavorful dish.
Russian apricot chicken bake is a perfect combination of sweet and tangy flavors that’s easy to prepare and perfect for a family dinner. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can create a mouth-watering chicken dish that’s sure to become a family favorite.
Leave a Reply