Tinga is a traditional Mexican dish that’s perfect for anyone who loves bold and spicy flavors. Follow our recipe to make your own tinga at home.
Tinga is a traditional Mexican dish that is known for its bold and spicy flavors. Made with tender chicken, smoky chipotle peppers, and a variety of spices, Tinga is a delicious and hearty stew that’s perfect for any occasion. In this recipe, we will show you how to make an easy and flavorful Tinga that is perfect for a cozy night in.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro, diced onions, and lime wedges for serving
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until browned on both sides.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pot and cook until softened.
- Add the chipotle peppers, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Add the diced tomatoes and chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Shred the chicken and add it back to the pot.
- Simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is tender and the flavors have melded together.
- Serve the Tinga hot with chopped cilantro, diced onions, and lime wedges.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you can’t find chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, you can substitute with smoked paprika.
- Tinga is even better the next day after the flavors have had time to meld together.
- Tinga can be served with warm tortillas, rice, or beans.
- Pork Tinga: substitute the chicken with pork shoulder.
- Vegetarian Tinga: substitute the chicken with mushrooms, tofu, or seitan.
Conclusion: Tinga is a delicious and flavorful Mexican dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. With its tender chicken, smoky chipotle peppers, and aromatic spices, Tinga is a must-try dish for any fan of Mexican cuisine. With this easy recipe, you can create a delicious and authentic Tinga that will impress your family and friends. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy this classic Mexican stew.
Leave a Reply