Looking for a quick and easy meal that’s full of flavor? Try our Katsu recipe, made with tender meat and crispy coating. Perfect for any day of the week.
Katsu is a classic Japanese dish that features tender meat coated in crispy panko breadcrumbs. The dish can be made with pork, chicken, or even fish, and is often served with a tangy and sweet tonkatsu sauce. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious and easy Katsu dish that is perfect for any day of the week.
- 4 boneless pork chops or chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Tonkatsu sauce for serving
- Cooked rice and sliced cabbage for serving
- Prepare the meat by pounding it to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch.
- Season the meat with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set up three shallow dishes: one with flour, one with beaten eggs, and one with panko breadcrumbs.
- Coat each piece of meat in flour, then dip it into the beaten eggs, and finally coat it with panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the meat to the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess oil.
- Serve the Katsu with tonkatsu sauce, cooked rice, and sliced cabbage.
Tips and Tricks:
- Pounding the meat to an even thickness ensures that it will cook evenly.
- Use panko breadcrumbs for a lighter and crispier coating.
- To keep the Katsu warm while frying, preheat the oven to 200°F (95°C) and place the fried meat on a baking sheet.
- Chicken Katsu: substitute the pork chops with boneless chicken breasts.
- Fish Katsu: substitute the pork chops with white fish fillets, such as cod or halibut.
Katsu is a delicious and crispy Japanese dish that is easy to make and perfect for a quick and easy meal. Whether you use pork, chicken, or fish, the dish is sure to be a hit with everyone. With this easy recipe, you can make a flavorful Katsu dish that will impress your friends and family. So, grab your ingredients and get ready to enjoy this classic Japanese dish.
Leave a Reply