Get ready to impress your friends and family with this Chinese Spring Rolls recipe! Delicious, crunchy, and packed with flavor, these rolls are a must-try.
Chinese Spring Rolls are a popular snack in Chinese cuisine, and they’re also a staple at parties and picnics. The crispy wrappers and flavorful filling make them a crowd-pleaser, and they’re easy to make at home with a few simple ingredients. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make Chinese Spring Rolls from scratch, using a combination of vegetables, pork, and shrimp.
- 8-10 spring roll wrappers
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables (such as cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms)
- 1/2 lb ground pork or shrimp
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped vegetables, ground pork or shrimp, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean surface and spoon 1-2 tbsp of the filling onto the center of the wrapper.
- Roll up the wrapper tightly, sealing the edges with a little bit of water. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or wok over medium-high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the spring rolls to the pan in batches. Fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the spring rolls from the pan and drain on paper towels. Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips and Tricks:
- If you don’t have spring roll wrappers, you can use egg roll wrappers or wonton wrappers instead.
- You can also use store-bought dipping sauce, or make your own by mixing soy sauce, rice vinegar, and a little bit of sugar.
- To keep the spring rolls warm, you can place them in a preheated 200°F (90°C) oven until ready to serve.
- You can also bake the spring rolls instead of frying them, for a healthier option. Place the rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You can also add other ingredients to the filling, such as chopped scallions, garlic, ginger, or peanuts.
Chinese Spring Rolls are a delicious and easy-to-make snack that is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving them as an appetizer or a main course, these crispy and flavorful rolls are sure to please. So, why not give this recipe a try and let us know how it turns out!
Leave a Reply