Indulge in the delicious flavors of Paneer Tikka with this easy-to-follow recipe. Learn how to make this mouth-watering Indian appetizer right at home.
Paneer Tikka is a popular Indian appetizer that’s loved by many. It’s made with marinated paneer (Indian cheese) that’s grilled or baked until golden brown. The marinade, made with spices and yogurt, adds a delicious flavor and tenderizes the paneer. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make the perfect Paneer Tikka at home with step-by-step instructions.
- 500g paneer (cubed)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp besan (gram flour)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp oil
- Skewers (if grilling)
- In a bowl, mix together yogurt, besan, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, salt, lemon juice, and oil.
- Add the cubed paneer to the marinade and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- If grilling, soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes. Thread the marinated paneer cubes onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Grease the grates with oil.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
- Marination time: 2 hours (minimum) to overnight
- Grilling time: 8-10 minutes
Tips and Tricks:
- Marinating the paneer for as long as possible for the best flavor.
- If baking, preheat the oven to 200°C and bake for 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
- For a vegan option, use tofu instead of paneer and vegan yogurt for the marinade.
- For a spicier Paneer Tikka, add more red chili powder to the marinade.
- For a sweeter Paneer Tikka, add a pinch of sugar to the marinade.
- For a tangier Paneer Tikka, add more lemon juice to the marinade.
Paneer Tikka is a delicious and flavorful appetizer that’s perfect for any party or gathering. With this recipe, you can easily make this classic dish at home and impress your friends and family. The marinade, made with a blend of spices and yogurt, adds a delicious flavor and tenderizes the paneer. Whether you’re grilling or baking, the result is a mouth-watering appetizer that’s sure to please. Give it a try today and let us know what you think!
Leave a Reply