This crispy sesame tofu is not only a healthy option, but it’s also packed with flavor. Give it a try and see why it’s a favorite in many households.
Sesame tofu is a healthy and delicious dish that’s perfect for a quick and easy dinner or as a tasty addition to a stir-fry. Made with firm tofu and coated in a crispy sesame seed crust, this dish is packed with flavor and nutrition. Whether you’re a fan of tofu or just looking for a new healthy option, this sesame tofu recipe is sure to become a household favorite.
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce or sweet chili sauce, for serving (optional)
- Drain the tofu and press between paper towels to remove any excess moisture. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cornstarch in a shallow dish. Coat the tofu cubes in the cornstarch, shaking off any excess.
- Place the sesame seeds in a separate shallow dish. Roll the tofu cubes in the sesame seeds, pressing gently to adhere.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the tofu cubes to the skillet and cook until golden brown and crispy, about 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with soy sauce or sweet chili sauce, if desired.
Tips and Tricks:
- For extra crunch, you can coat the tofu in panko breadcrumbs before rolling in the sesame seeds.
- If you prefer a spicier flavor, add a pinch of chili powder to the cornstarch or sesame seeds.
- For a sweeter option, you can brush the tofu with a mixture of honey and soy sauce before coating in the sesame seeds.
- For a vegetarian option, you can use a plant-based sauce, such as teriyaki sauce, instead of soy sauce.
Sesame tofu is a healthy and delicious dish that’s sure to please everyone at the table. With its crispy sesame seed crust and tender tofu interior, this dish is a tasty and nutritious option for any meal. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself why it’s a favorite in many households!
Leave a Reply