Try this easy and healthy Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe for a delicious fall or winter dinner. Perfect for meal prep and plant-based diets.
Acorn squash is a winter squash that is not only a great source of vitamins and minerals, but also delicious. This Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is perfect for a healthy and delicious fall or winter dinner. Whether you are a seasoned cook or just starting out, this recipe is easy to prepare and will impress your family and friends.
- 4 medium acorn squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Brush the inside of each squash half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, cook quinoa in vegetable broth according to package instructions.
- In a separate pan, sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Add mushrooms, kale, walnuts, raisins, thyme, and rosemary to the pan and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa to the mixture.
- Fill each squash half with the quinoa mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes or until the squash is tender and the stuffing is heated through.
Tips & Tricks
- For a nut-free version, you can substitute the walnuts with sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds.
- To make ahead, prepare the stuffing and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Serve with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.
This Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is not only healthy and delicious, but also easy to make. Whether you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week, this recipe is sure to impress. Give it a try and see for yourself how great acorn squash can taste stuffed with a flavorful and nutritious quinoa stuffing.
Acorn squash is a versatile vegetable that is a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins C and B6, potassium, and fiber. By combining it with the wholesome ingredients of quinoa, mushrooms, kale, and walnuts, you get a nutritious and satisfying meal that is perfect for fall and winter.
If you are looking for a vegetarian meal that is not only healthy but also delicious, then this Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe is the perfect choice for you. Give it a try and see for yourself why acorn squash is a winter staple.
So, go ahead, preheat your oven, gather your ingredients, and get ready to enjoy a tasty and healthy meal that your whole family will love. Happy cooking!
Leave a Reply