Learn how to make the best Butter Chicken Recipe with this easy, authentic and delicious Indian dish. Get ready to impress your family and friends!
Butter Chicken, also known as Murgh Makhani, is a popular Indian dish that originated in the Punjabi cuisine. This dish is known for its rich, creamy, and flavorful sauce that is made with a combination of spices, tomato puree, heavy cream, and yogurt. The dish is typically served with rice or naan bread and is a crowd-pleaser among both children and adults.
In this article, we’ll be sharing with you a simple and easy-to-follow Butter Chicken recipe that you can make at home. So, let’s get started!
- Chicken pieces (breast or thigh) – 1.5 lbs
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander – 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chili Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Paprika – 1 teaspoon
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Heavy cream – 1/2 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 teaspoon
Note: It’s important to use fresh spices to get the best flavor and aroma.
- Marinate the Chicken In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, salt, chili powder, paprika, garam masala, and turmeric. Add the chicken pieces to the bowl and make sure they are well coated with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Cook the Chicken In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add the cumin and coriander. Stir for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Make the Creamy Gravy In the same skillet, add the tomato puree and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the puree has thickened. Stir in the heavy cream and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the sugar and season with salt to taste.
- Assemble the Dish Add the cooked chicken back into the skillet with the sauce and stir to coat the chicken evenly. Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the chicken is heated through.
Serve the Butter Chicken hot with rice or naan bread. You can also serve it with a side of raita, which is a refreshing yogurt-based dish that balances out the spiciness of the Butter Chicken.
And there you have it, a delicious and easy-to-follow Butter Chicken recipe that you can make at home. With its rich and creamy sauce and perfectly seasoned chicken, this dish is sure to impress your family and friends. Remember to use fresh spices for the best flavor and aroma, and don’t be afraid to adjust the spices to your personal taste. Happy cooking!
Leave a Reply