A delicious and healthy twist on classic alfredo pasta made with spiralized zucchini noodles and garlic alfredo sauce.
Alfredo sauce has been a classic Italian pasta dish for over a hundred years. This creamy, buttery sauce is the perfect match for pasta noodles. However, if you’re looking for a healthier alternative to pasta, zucchini noodles are a great option. Made by spiralizing zucchini, these noodles are low in carbs and high in nutrients.
In this recipe, we’ll be making a garlic alfredo sauce to pair with our spiralized zucchini noodles. This dish is not only healthy, but it’s also quick and easy to make. By the end of this recipe, you’ll have a delicious, creamy, and healthy pasta dish that you’ll want to make over and over again.
To make this zucchini noodle alfredo, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Spiralize the zucchini: Cut off the ends of the zucchini and use a spiralizer to create zucchini noodles.
- Make the garlic alfredo sauce: In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Pour in the heavy cream and continue to cook until slightly thickened, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the grated parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the zucchini noodles and sauce: In a large pan, add the spiralized zucchini noodles and pour the garlic alfredo sauce over the top. Gently toss the zucchini noodles and sauce together until the noodles are coated in the sauce.
- Serve: Serve the zucchini noodle alfredo hot, topped with additional grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, if desired.
This zucchini noodle alfredo can be served hot or cold, depending on your preference. For a complete meal, you can add some protein such as chicken, shrimp, or tofu. Serve with a side of crusty bread or garlic bread to soak up the delicious sauce.
This zucchini noodle alfredo recipe is a healthy and delicious alternative to classic pasta dishes. With the combination of spiralized zucchini noodles and garlic alfredo sauce, you’ll be able to enjoy a creamy and flavorful pasta dish without sacrificing your health goals. Give this recipe a try and enjoy the benefits of a low-carb, nutritious, and delicious meal!
Leave a Reply