Uncle Roger will love this dish (if you put MSG in it)! Fried rice is a classic Asian-style dish that is both flavorful and satisfying. The dish starts with chilled white rice and then stir-fried with a mixture of ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, and meats. The ingredients are combined with soy sauce and sesame oil for added flavor, creating a well-balanced and delicious meal.
Fried rice is versatile and can be tailored to suit any taste preference. Add more or less of your favorite ingredients to create a dish that is unique to you. Whether you’re using diced ham, cooked bacon, or a mixture of vegetables, the possibilities are endless.
This dish is perfect for any meal of the day, whether you’re looking for a filling breakfast, a quick and easy lunch, or a satisfying dinner. Serve it on its own as a main dish or as a side to your favorite Asian-style entrees.
- 2 cups of cooked white rice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup of diced ham or cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 green onions, sliced for garnish
- Heat a large cast iron pan over medium heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Add the beaten eggs to the pan and scramble until cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the thawed peas and carrots to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the diced ham or bacon to the pan and cook until heated through.
- Add the chilled cooked rice to the pan and stir to combine with the vegetables and meat.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil, making sure to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Add the scrambled eggs back to the pan and stir to combine.
- Cook the fried rice for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the ingredients are well combined and heated through.
- Serve the fried rice in bowls, garnished with sliced green onions. Enjoy!
This fried rice recipe is sure to impress Uncle Roger and any other foodie in your life. The combination of flavors and textures in this dish makes it a satisfying and filling meal. Serve it as a main dish or as a side to your favorite Asian-style entrees. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply