Enjoy a delicious twist on a classic dish with this sweet potato casserole recipe topped with pecans.
Sweet potato casserole is a classic side dish that is a staple at most Thanksgiving dinners. Its sweet and creamy texture is a perfect balance to the savory main courses served on this special occasion. In this recipe, we will show you how to make a delicious sweet potato casserole with a pecan topping.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Boil the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mash the sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, salt, and milk to the bowl with the mashed sweet potatoes. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chopped pecans. Sprinkle the pecan mixture over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- If desired, sprinkle marshmallows over the top of the pecan mixture.
- Bake the casserole in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
Sweet potato casserole is a classic dish that is sure to be a hit at any Thanksgiving dinner. Its sweet and creamy texture, combined with the crunchy pecan topping, makes it a perfect balance to the savory main courses. And with its easy preparation, you can have this delicious dish ready to serve in no time. Whether you choose to top it with marshmallows or not, this sweet potato casserole is a must-try dish for any home cook. So, why not try it today and make your next meal a little sweeter?
Leave a Reply