Impress your family and friends with this traditional pumpkin pie recipe. Made with simple ingredients and baked to perfection. Try it now!
Pumpkin pie is a staple dessert in American households during the holiday season, particularly on Thanksgiving. It is a traditional and classic dessert that has been enjoyed for generations. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making a delicious homemade pumpkin pie from scratch.
The ingredients for this pumpkin pie recipe are simple and easy to find at your local grocery store. Here is a list of what you’ll need:
- 1 (15-oz) can of pumpkin puree
- 1 (14-oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 pre-made pie crust
If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, here are some substitution options:
- For a gluten-free option, use a gluten-free pie crust.
- For a dairy-free option, use a dairy-free condensed milk and pie crust.
- For a low-carb option, use a low-carb pie crust.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the pre-made pie crust.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F (175°C) and continue baking for 45-50 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
Tips and Tricks
- For a flakier crust, allow the pie crust to reach room temperature before using it.
- To prevent the pie crust from shrinking, prick the bottom and sides of the crust with a fork.
- To check if the pie is fully baked, gently shake the pie. If the filling jiggles slightly, it is not fully baked. If the filling is set, it is fully baked.
Baking and Serving
- Once the pie is fully baked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve the pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Store the leftover pumpkin pie in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Making a homemade pumpkin pie is a simple and delicious way to bring the classic flavors of Thanksgiving to your table. With our easy recipe and helpful tips and tricks, you’ll be able to impress your family and friends with this traditional dessert. We hope you enjoy this recipe and wish you a happy holiday season!
Leave a Reply