Indulge in the timeless classic of soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies with this easy-to-follow recipe. Perfect for any occasion!
Chocolate chip cookies are one of the most beloved desserts in the world. It’s hard to resist the combination of warm, soft, and gooey cookies with melted chocolate chips. This classic recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves baking and indulging in sweet treats.
When it comes to making chocolate chip cookies, the ingredients you use are just as important as the recipe itself. The combination of all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt creates the perfect structure for the cookie dough. The unsalted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract provide the flavor and richness that makes these cookies so irresistible.
Making cookies at home is a great way to enjoy a warm and fresh dessert in the comfort of your own kitchen. Plus, you have the added benefit of controlling the quality and freshness of the ingredients you use.
- 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
To make these chocolate chip cookies, you’ll need the following equipment:
- Mixing bowl
- Electric mixer or whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
Here’s how to make these classic chocolate chip cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together 2 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup unsalted butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, and 3/4 cup granulated sugar using an electric mixer or whisk until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 2 large eggs, one at a time, and then add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
With this classic chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy warm, soft, and chewy cookies in no time. Here are a few tips for perfect cookies every time:
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before creaming it with the sugar. This will help ensure a light and fluffy texture in the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to measure out the dough. This will help ensure that all of your cookies are uniform in size and will bake evenly.
- Don’t over-bake the cookies. They should be light golden brown on the edges and still soft in the middle.
There are plenty of variations and customization options for chocolate chip cookies. Try adding in different types of chocolate chips, like dark chocolate or white chocolate. You could also add in nuts, like pecans or walnuts, for a crunchy twist.
Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Serve warm with a cold glass of milk for the ultimate treat!
Leave a Reply