Get the party started with this traditional recipe for Buffalo Wings. Learn how to make them spicy, crispy, and delicious at home
Introduction: Buffalo Wings are a classic party food that everyone loves. They are spicy, crispy, and full of flavor. But why settle for restaurant-bought when you can make them at home? This recipe for homemade Buffalo Wings will show you how to make them just as good, if not better, than your favorite wing spot.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the chicken wings into drumettes and wingettes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper.
- Toss the chicken wings in the flour mixture to coat evenly.
- Place the wings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Bake the chicken wings for 20 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for an additional 20 minutes on the other side.
- While the wings are baking, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the Frank’s RedHot sauce, white vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce to the melted butter and stir to combine.
- Remove the wings from the oven and toss them in the sauce until they are evenly coated.
- Place the wings back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Serving and Garnishing:
- Serve the Buffalo Wings hot with your favorite dipping sauce and garnish with chopped fresh parsley or green onions.
- Alternatively, you can also serve them with celery and blue cheese dressing.
- To ensure that the wings are crispy, be sure to let them sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour before baking. This allows the flour mixture to adhere to the wings and create a crispy coating.
- If you prefer extra spicy wings, you can add more cayenne pepper to the flour mixture or increase the amount of Frank’s RedHot sauce in the sauce.
- To ensure that the wings are evenly coated with the sauce, you can use a large mixing bowl and toss the wings with the sauce instead of brushing it on.
Buffalo Wings are a classic party food that everyone loves. With this recipe, you can make them at home and have them taste just as good, if not better than your favorite wing spot. The key to making them crispy and spicy is to coat them in a flour mixture and refrigerate them before baking. And the key to making them delicious is to toss them in a homemade sauce made with Frank’s RedHot sauce, butter, white vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. So next time you’re hosting a party, impress your guests with homemade Buffalo Wings and enjoy a delicious game day feast.