Impress your family and friends with this homemade Sloppy Joe recipe. The best recipe for the traditional sandwich made with ground beef and simple seasonings.
Sloppy Joes are a classic American sandwich that has been a staple in many households for decades. The origins of the sandwich can be traced back to the 1930s, and it has since become a beloved comfort food for many. This recipe for Sloppy Joes uses high-quality ground beef, which is essential for the best flavor and texture.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 buns
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until fully cooked. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add the onions, bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, mustard powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until the flavors have melded together.
- Toast the buns and spoon the Sloppy Joe filling onto each bun. Serve immediately.
Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy dinner idea that is perfect for busy weeknights. They are also a great way to use up leftover ground beef. For a healthier version, you can substitute ground turkey for beef. This recipe makes 4 servings, and each serving is approximately 310 calories. Some variations of the recipe include adding a can of kidney beans or using BBQ sauce instead of tomato sauce. If you have leftovers, you can refrigerate them for up to 3 days or freeze them for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply