Get creative in the kitchen with this gluten-free and vegetarian recipe for spiralized zucchini noodles with pesto sauce. Perfect for a light and flavorful meal.
Zucchini noodles, also known as “zoodles,” are a popular and healthy alternative to traditional pasta. They are low in calories, carbohydrates, and gluten, making them a great option for those following a low-carb or gluten-free diet. Pesto sauce, made with fresh basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and olive oil, adds a delicious and flavorful twist to this dish. This recipe for zucchini noodles with pesto sauce is not only delicious, but it’s also easy to make and can be served as a main dish or a side dish.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by spiralizing the zucchinis using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler to make the noodles. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can also use a vegetable peeler to make long, thin strips.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the basil, Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and garlic. Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil while the food processor is running until the sauce is smooth and emulsified.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the zucchini noodles with the pesto sauce until well coated.
- Serve the zucchini noodles in bowls or plates and garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese and pine nuts.
Variations and Pairings:
- For a protein boost, add grilled chicken or shrimp to the dish.
- For a vegetarian option, add cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado, or sautéed mushrooms.
- For a vegan option, substitute the Parmesan cheese with nutritional yeast or a vegan Parmesan alternative.
- Pair the zucchini noodles with pesto sauce with a crisp white wine, such as a Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
- Serve as a side dish with grilled meats or fish.
Conclusion: This recipe for zucchini noodles with pesto sauce is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pasta dishes. The spiralized zucchinis provide a low-carb and gluten-free option, while the homemade pesto sauce adds a burst of flavor to the dish. The recipe is also versatile, with options for adding protein, vegetables, and different seasonings. Whether you’re looking for a main dish or a side dish, this recipe is sure to please. For more recipe ideas and inspiration, check out our website for more delicious and healthy recipe options.
Leave a Reply