Vegetarian curry is a flavorful and hearty dish made with a variety of vegetables, spices, and a curry sauce. It is a popular dish in Indian and other South Asian cuisines and can be served over rice or with naan bread.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups of mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, bell peppers, etc)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or coconut cream
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until softened.
- Add the spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, and mixed vegetables. Bring to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt or coconut cream and season with salt to taste.
- Serve over rice or with naan bread.
Leave a Reply