Warm up with this delicious and easy recipe for creamy broccoli and cheddar soup. Perfect for a quick winter meal.
Winter is the perfect time for comfort food, and there’s nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of creamy soup. This recipe for broccoli and cheddar soup is easy to make and packed with flavor. It’s the perfect meal for a cold day, and it’s sure to please everyone in the family.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the broccoli into small florets.
- Peel and mince the garlic cloves.
- Peel and dice the onion.
- In a large pot, sauté the onion and garlic in a little oil until softened.
- Add the broccoli and broth, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer to a blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Stir in the cream and shredded cheddar, and cook until the cheese is melted and the soup is heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with extra shredded cheddar cheese.
- Garnish with croutons.
- Serve with a side of bread.
This broccoli and cheddar soup recipe is creamy, comforting, and easy to make. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter day and it’s sure to please everyone in the family. You can also garnish it with some croutons or serve it with a side of bread. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply