Learn how to make delicious lemon bars at home with this easy recipe. Perfectly sweet and tart, these lemon squares make a great dessert.
Lemon bars are a classic dessert that are loved by many. They are the perfect balance of sweet and tart, making them a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Lemon bars have a long history, dating back to the 1800s, and have been a staple in bakeries and kitchens ever since.
This recipe is perfect for anyone looking to make homemade lemon bars. It is an easy recipe that requires only a few key ingredients and equipment. With this recipe, you can make the perfect lemon bars with a shortbread crust and powdered sugar topping.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cut into small cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Start by making the crust. In a large bowl, combine the 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press the mixture into the bottom of an 8×8 inch square baking pan.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is cooling, make the filling. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the filling is set and lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar.
- Once the lemon bars are cool, cut them into squares and serve.
Variations and Substitutions:
- To add a little extra flavor to the crust, you can add a teaspoon of vanilla extract or grated lemon zest to the flour mixture.
- If you prefer a thicker crust, you can increase the amount of flour used in the crust recipe.
- For a more intense lemon flavor, you can add an extra tablespoon of lemon zest to the filling mixture.
- If you prefer a sweeter or less sweet lemon bar, you can adjust the amount of sugar in the filling mixture accordingly.
Lemon bars are a delicious dessert that are perfect for any occasion. With this recipe, you can make the perfect lemon bars with a shortbread crust and powdered sugar topping. Serve them at your next party or as a special treat for your family. Lemon bars can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to try something new, you can experiment with different variations of this recipe to find your perfect version.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe and that you will share your results with us. Don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or feedback. Happy baking!
Leave a Reply