Get ready to bake up a storm with this step-by-step recipe for delicious homemade blueberry muffins. Try our variations and tips for a perfect blueberry muffin every time.
Muffins are a classic breakfast pastry that can be enjoyed year-round. Blueberry muffins, in particular, are a favorite for their sweet and tangy flavor. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to make homemade blueberry muffins that are easy, delicious, and perfect for any occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Gently fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Variations and Tips:
- For a streusel topping, mix together 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 cup butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the muffin batter before baking.
- For a lemon blueberry muffin, add the zest of 1 lemon to the wet ingredients.
- For a gluten-free option, replace the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
- To make mini muffins, reduce baking time to 12-15 minutes.
Conclusion: Blueberry muffins are a delicious and easy treat that can be enjoyed at any time of day. With this recipe, you can make homemade blueberry muffins that are perfect for breakfast, a snack, or even a dessert. Try different variations and tips to make them your own and enjoy the taste of fresh blueberries in every bite.
Leave a Reply