Vegetarian Sushi is a popular dish that is enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s a combination of vinegared sushi rice and a variety of vegetables and other plant-based ingredients such as avocado, cucumber, and pickled ginger. It’s a great option for vegetarians and people who are looking for a healthy, low-calorie meal.
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6-8 sheets of nori seaweed
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pickled ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup wasabi (optional)
- Rinse the sushi rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the sushi rice, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 18-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Mix rice vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked rice and pour the vinegar mixture over it. Mix well.
- Place a sheet of nori seaweed on a sushi mat or a clean surface with the shiny side facing down.
- Spread a thin layer of the rice mixture over the nori, leaving a 1-inch border at the top.
- Arrange the avocado, cucumber and pickled ginger on top of the rice.
- Roll the sushi tightly using the mat or your hands.
- Cut the sushi into bite-sized pieces using a sharp knife.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi (if desired).
Leave a Reply