Vegetarian Risotto is a classic Italian dish that is perfect for a comforting and flavorful meal. Risotto is a creamy rice dish that is typically made with a variety of vegetables, herbs, and cheese, but in this vegetarian version, we will be using a variety of vegetables and flavorful herbs.
To make Vegetarian Risotto, you will need:
- 1 cup of Arborio rice
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (such as mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, and asparagus), diced
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable broth over low heat and keep it warm.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat the rice with the oil.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until the wine is absorbed by the rice.
- Add 1 cup of the warm vegetable broth and stir until the broth is absorbed by the rice.
- Continue adding the remaining broth, 1 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the broth is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve the risotto in bowls and garnish with additional parsley if desired.
Leave a Reply