Vegetarian Pho is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for a cozy night in. Pho is a traditional Vietnamese noodle soup that is typically made with beef or chicken broth, but this vegetarian version uses a flavorful broth made from mushrooms and spices. The broth is served over rice noodles and is topped with a variety of vegetables like bok choy, carrots, and mushrooms.
- 8 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms (shiitake or button)
- 2 cups of sliced bok choy
- 1 cup of grated carrots
- 1 cup of sliced onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ground coriander
- 1 tsp of ground cloves
- 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- 8 oz of rice noodles
- Fresh cilantro and lime wedges for serving
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion, minced garlic, and mushrooms, and sauté for 5 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the vegetable broth, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and spices to the pot. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the sliced bok choy, grated carrots, and rice noodles to the pot. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Ladle the broth and vegetables over bowls of rice noodles.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish.
Leave a Reply