Stuffed Peppers are a hearty and delicious plant-based dish that is perfect for vegetarians and vegans. It is made with bell peppers that are stuffed with a savory mixture of vegetables, grains, and plant-based protein such as quinoa or lentils and then baked until tender. This dish is often served with a side of rice or salad and is easy to customize with different vegetables or protein sources.
- 4 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or lentils
- 1 cup diced vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, mushrooms, spinach, bell peppers)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, sauté the diced vegetables, onion, and garlic until the vegetables are tender.
- Add in the cooked quinoa or lentils, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the quinoa or lentil mixture.
- Place the stuffed pepper halves in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over the top of the peppers and sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the peppers are tender.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
- Serve as a main course with a side of rice or salad.
Leave a Reply