Gefüllte Paprika, also known as stuffed peppers, is a traditional dish in German cuisine. It typically consists of bell peppers stuffed with a mixture of ground meat, rice, and vegetables. The dish is usually baked in the oven and can be enjoyed as a main course or as a side dish.
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, pork, or a combination of both)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup diced vegetables (such as zucchini, carrots, or mushrooms)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup beef or chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: grated cheese for topping
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the tops off the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground meat until browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, and diced vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, cooked rice, and broth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the bell peppers with the meat and rice mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and add 1/2 cup of water to the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the peppers are tender and the filling is cooked through.
- Optional: top with grated cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Leave a Reply