Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas are a hearty and flavorful Mexican dish that is perfect for vegetarians and vegans. It is made with soft tortillas that are filled with a savory mixture of black beans, sweet potatoes, and spices and then topped with a flavorful enchilada sauce and cheese. The dish is typically served with a side of rice and beans and garnished with fresh cilantro.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large skillet, sauté the sweet potato, onion, and garlic until the sweet potato is tender.
- Add in the black beans, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and stir until well combined.
- Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the sweet potato mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll it up.
- Place the enchiladas seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Leave a Reply