Zucchini Schnitzel is a delicious and healthy twist on the traditional German dish made with breaded and fried veal or pork cutlets. This version uses thinly sliced zucchini as the main ingredient, making it a great option for vegetarians or those looking to incorporate more vegetables into their diet.
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini slices in the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumbs, making sure to coat each slice evenly.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded zucchini slices and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the zucchini schnitzel from the pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain off excess oil.
- Serve the zucchini schnitzel hot, with your choice of dipping sauce or garnish.
Leave a Reply