Tomatenspätzle is a traditional German dish made by cooking Spätzle in a tomato sauce with vegetables and sometimes with meat like chicken or beef. This dish is a great way to add some extra flavor and nutrition to your Spätzle, and it’s perfect as a main course or a side dish. Tomatenspätzle can be served with various meats, and it’s a great comfort food.
- 2 cups of cooked Spätzle
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of diced vegetables (carrots, celery, bell peppers)
- 1 cup of diced cooked meat (chicken, beef, pork) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add the diced vegetables and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, dried basil, and oregano.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked meat and let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked Spätzle and toss to combine with the tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply