Kartoffelpuffer, also known as Kartoffelplätzchen or Kartoffelrösti, are traditional German potato pancakes made from grated potatoes, flour, and eggs. They are typically fried in oil or butter and are often served as a side dish or a snack. They can be garnished with applesauce, sour cream, bacon, or chives.
Here is a recipe for Kartoffelpuffer:
- 2 lbs of potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil or butter for frying
- Garnish of your choice (applesauce, sour cream, bacon, chives)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated potatoes, flour, egg, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Heat some oil or butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Form the potato mixture into small pancakes and place them in the skillet.
- Fry the pancakes on both sides until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Remove the pancakes from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Serve the Kartoffelpuffer warm with your choice of garnish.
Leave a Reply