Jägerspätzle is a traditional German dish made with cooked Spätzle and a mushroom gravy, often served with a variety of meats. This dish is a great way to add extra flavor and nutrition to your Spätzle, perfect as a main course. Jägerspätzle can be paired with various meats like chicken, pork, or beef, and it’s a great comfort food.
- 2 cups of cooked Spätzle
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 cups of beef or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, onion, and garlic, and sauté until they release their moisture and become tender.
- Stir in the flour until well combined and cook for about 1 minute.
- Gradually add the broth, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens.
- Stir in the heavy cream and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked Spätzle and toss to combine with the mushroom gravy.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leave a Reply