Fischbrötchen, also known as a fish sandwich, is a popular German street food typically made from fried or grilled fish, lettuce, and tartar sauce, served on a roll or bun. The most popular fish for this sandwich is the North Sea rollmops, a pickled herring fillet wrapped around a gherkin.
- 4 North Sea rollmops
- 4 rolls or buns
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tbsp tartar sauce
- Preheat a grill or pan to medium-high heat.
- Grill or fry the rollmops for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Toast the rolls or buns on the grill or pan.
- Spread the tartar sauce on the bottom half of each roll or bun.
- Place a lettuce leaf on top of the tartar sauce.
- Place rollmops on top of the lettuce leaf.
- Top with the other half of the roll or bun.
Leave a Reply