Eintopf is a traditional German one-pot dish made with a variety of meats, vegetables, and legumes simmered in broth or water. This dish is a great way to utilize a variety of ingredients in a flavorful and hearty meal. Eintopf is a great comfort food that is perfect for a cold winter evening and can be a great way to feed a crowd.
Here is a recipe for Eintopf:
- 2 cups of diced beef, pork, or chicken
- 2 cups of diced vegetables (potatoes, carrots, celery, onion)
- 1 cup of legumes (peas, beans, lentils)
- 4 cups of beef, pork, or chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, brown the diced meat over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced vegetables and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the legumes, minced garlic, and dried thyme.
- Pour in the broth and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the Eintopf simmer for about 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables and meat are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Leave a Reply