Bratwurst is a traditional German sausage made from ground pork, beef, or veal and seasoned with a variety of herbs and spices. It is typically grilled or pan-fried and served with sauerkraut, potato salad, or in a bun as a sandwich. Bratwurst has many regional variations, each with its own unique blend of seasonings and spices.
Here is a recipe for Bratwurst:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 tsp ground caraway seed
- Sausage casings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, nutmeg, ginger, marjoram, and caraway seed. Mix well.
- Stuff the mixture into the sausage casings and twist the casings to form links.
- Heat a grill or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Grill or pan-fry the Bratwurst for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with sauerkraut, potato salad, or in a bun as a sandwich.
Leave a Reply