Bratkartoffeln, also known as fried potatoes, are a popular traditional German dish made from pan-fried potatoes that are often served as a side dish. They are made by first boiling potatoes, then slicing them and frying them in a pan with butter, bacon, onions, and seasonings.
- 1 lb potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp bacon, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste (optional)
- Peel and dice the potatoes. Boil them in a pot of salted water until they are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let them cool.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and onions and sauté until the bacon is crispy and the onions are translucent.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and season with salt, pepper, and paprika (if using).
- Cook the potatoes, occasionally stirring until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the Bratkartoffeln as a side dish.
Leave a Reply