Tortellini in Brodo is a traditional Italian dish from the region of Bologna. It is a simple yet satisfying meal, typically served as a first course. It is made by cooking small, ring-shaped pasta filled with meat, called tortellini, in a flavorful meat broth.
- 1 pound of fresh or frozen tortellini
- 8 cups of chicken or beef broth
- 2 cups of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions until al dente.
- Ladle the pasta and broth into bowls.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper to taste.
This recipe serves 4-6 people. You can also store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Serve it with a green salad and a glass of red wine for a perfect Italian meal.
Leave a Reply