Riso al Salto, also known as “risotto al salto” or “risotto alla milanese” is a traditional Italian dish made from leftover risotto that is pan-fried in butter until crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. It is typically served as a side dish or as a main course, depending on the ingredients used and the size of the serving.
- 4 cups leftover risotto (cooked Arborio rice, broth, Parmesan cheese, and butter)
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Take the leftover risotto and shape it into small patties or cylinders.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter is melted and bubbly, add the risotto patties and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately and garnish with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Leave a Reply