Polpette di Carne, also known as Italian meatballs, is a traditional Italian dish made from a mixture of ground meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, grated cheese, and herbs that are shaped into balls and then cooked by frying or baking. They are often served as a main course with pasta, in a sandwich, or as an appetizer.
- 1 lb ground beef, pork, or a mix of both
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (for frying)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well until evenly combined.
- Shape the mixture into small balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Carefully add the meatballs to the skillet and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Serve hot with pasta, in a sandwich or as an appetizer.
Leave a Reply