Cotolette alla Bolognese is a traditional Italian dish from the region of Bologna. It is a dish of breaded and fried cutlets of beef or veal, usually served with a side of vegetables or salad.
- 4-6 veal or beef cutlets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Pound the cutlets with a meat mallet to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.
- Dredge the cutlets in flour, then in the beaten eggs, and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry the cutlets until golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Drain the cutlets on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve with a side of vegetables or salad.
Leave a Reply