Bollito Misto is a traditional Italian dish that consists of a variety of meats such as beef, pork, chicken, and sometimes veal, boiled in a flavorful broth and served with various condiments, such as mostarda, a sweet-spicy condiment made with fruits and mustard, or salsa verde, a sauce made with parsley, capers, and anchovies.
- 2 lb beef (chuck, rump or round)
- 2 lb pork (neck or shoulder)
- 2 lb chicken or veal (optional)
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mostarda or salsa verde (for serving)
- In a large pot, bring to a boil about 12 quarts of water with the vegetables, garlic, bay leaves and a pinch of salt.
- Add the meats, and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Let the meats cook for about 2-3 hours, or until they are tender.
- Remove the meats from the pot and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve hot with mostarda or salsa verde.
Leave a Reply