Pesto di Pistacchi is a traditional sauce made with a combination of fresh basil, garlic, extra-virgin olive oil, and pistachios. Unlike traditional pesto sauce, which is made with pine nuts, Pesto di Pistacchi is made with pistachios, giving the sauce a unique and nutty flavor. This sauce is typically used as a pasta sauce but can also be used as a spread or dip for bread or vegetables.
- 2 cups of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of shelled pistachios
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, combine the basil, garlic, pistachios, salt, and pepper.
- Pulse until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Slowly pour in the olive oil while the food processor is running until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Toss the pesto with your favorite pasta and enjoy.
You can also add some grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese to add more flavor. The pesto can also be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Leave a Reply