Scialatielli alla Pescatora is a traditional Italian pasta dish from the Campania region, typically made with a homemade pasta called scialatielli and a seafood sauce. The dish is made with a variety of seafood, such as squid, shrimp, and scallops, simmered in a tomato sauce with garlic, olive oil, and white wine. It is a flavorful and hearty dish that is perfect for a special occasion.
- 1 pound of scialatielli pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound mixed seafood (squid, shrimp, scallops)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the scialatielli pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the seafood and cook until it starts to turn pink.
- Pour in the white wine and cook until the wine is reduced by half.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for about 15 minutes or until the seafood is cooked through.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the seafood sauce. Toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Add some of the reserved pasta cooking water if the sauce is too thick.
- Divide the pasta among serving plates, and top with the seafood sauce and chopped parsley.
Leave a Reply