Pane di Semola, also known as Semola Bread, is a traditional Italian bread made with semolina flour. It is characterized by its dense texture, hearty flavor, and crispy crust.
- 500g semolina flour
- 300g water
- 8g salt
- 2g yeast (fresh or dry)
- Mix the semolina flour, salt, and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the water to the flour mixture, stirring until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10-15 minutes or until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Let the dough rise for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 260°C (500°F)
- Once the dough has risen, shape it into a round loaf and place it on a baking sheet or a cast-iron skillet.
- Make a few slashes on the top of the loaf with a sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
- Place the loaf in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until it has a golden brown crust.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Note: You can add herbs, seeds, or olives to personalize the bread. Enjoy your homemade Pane di Semola; it’s perfect for dipping in olive oil or toasting with some delicious toppings.
Leave a Reply