Fritelle di Baccalà, also known as Bacalao Fritters, is a traditional Italian dish made with salt cod. They are typically served as an appetizer or a side dish.
- 1 lb salt cod, soaked and deboned
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak the salt cod in water for 24-48 hours, changing the water every 8-12 hours to remove the excess salt.
- Remove any bones and skin from the cod, and shred it into small pieces.
- Mix the flour, Parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, eggs, and milk in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the shredded cod to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep pan or fryer over medium-high heat.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, form the mixture into small balls and carefully drop them into the hot oil.
- Fry the fritters for 3-5 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve the Fritelle di Baccalà warm with a side of lemon wedges and a sprinkle of parsley.
Leave a Reply