Arrosto di Agnello, also known as roasted lamb, is a traditional Italian dish typically made with a boneless leg of lamb, herbs, and garlic. The lamb is seasoned with salt, pepper, and various herbs such as rosemary, thyme, and sage, then slow-roasted in the oven until it is tender and flavorful.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (about 4-5 pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Season the lamb leg with salt, pepper, rosemary, thyme, sage, and minced garlic. Rub the seasoning mixture all over the lamb leg.
- In a large roasting pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the lamb leg and sear it on all sides until it is browned.
- Transfer the roasting pan to the oven and roast the lamb leg for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare.
- Remove the lamb leg from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
This dish is typically served with roasted or mashed potatoes, or a simple side salad, and gravy or red wine sauce.
Leave a Reply