Porchetta Sarda is a traditional Sardinian pork dish, typically made with a whole boneless pork shoulder or belly, seasoned with herbs and spices, and slow-roasted on a spit or in an oven. The meat is cooked until it is tender and juicy and the skin is crispy.
- 5 lb boneless pork shoulder or belly
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- 2 tbsp chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, fennel seeds, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, and olive oil to make a paste.
- Using a sharp knife, make small incisions all over the pork and rub the paste into the meat, ensuring it is well coated.
- Place the pork in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for about 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) and the skin is crispy.
- Let the porchetta cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your Porchetta Sarda!
Note: You can also cook Porchetta Sarda using a spit if you have one.
Leave a Reply