Crostini con Pate di Olive is an appetizer dish consisting of crostini (small toasted slices of bread) topped with a spread made of olives. The spread is typically made by blending together black olives, olive oil, and seasonings such as garlic, herbs, and lemon zest. The resulting spread is rich, flavorful, and slightly salty. The crostini are typically toasted and then spread with the olive pate before being served. This dish is a great appetizer, perfect for serving at parties or as a pre-dinner snack. It is simple to prepare, and the ingredients can be easily found in most supermarkets.
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of black olives, pitted
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Place the sliced baguette on a baking sheet and brush each slice with olive oil.
- Bake the crostini in the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a food processor, blend together the black olives, garlic, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spread the olive pate on top of the crostini and serve immediately.
Leave a Reply