- 1 baguette or ciabatta bread, sliced into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 pound of chicken or duck liver, cleaned and sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional toppings: chopped parsley, grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 5-7 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken or duck liver and sauté for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until the liver is cooked through but still pink in the middle.
- Add the minced garlic, salt, and pepper to taste, and sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and spread a generous amount of the liver mixture over each slice of bread.
- Add the toppings of your choice, such as chopped parsley and grated lemon zest.
- Place the crostini back in the oven for about 2-3 minutes to warm the toppings.
- Remove the crostini from the oven and let them cool for a minute before serving.
- Serve warm and enjoy as an appetizer or a starter.
Leave a Reply